How to buy a balloon
Building you your new balloon will take about 12 weeks, perhaps a little less. The flying season is about to start so lets run quickly through the balloon purchasing process!
- Decide what you want from your new balloon, how many people you want to fly and what finances are available to you. If in doubt then please call either your national Kubicek dealer or our central sales department in Brno. All our dealers have a wide knowledge of ballooning and are ready to assist you..
- Having decided what size balloon you want then the next decision is what do you want it to look like? Would you prefer a plain coloured envelope, a multicoloured one or one with a company artwork on? Side views of all the Kubicek envelopes are available on our web site, either download the appropriate one or ask us to post one to you. Have a play around with various colour schemes and see what looks good to you. If you want inspiration then why not look at all the balloons that have been built by Kubicek? They are in gallery. Kubicek Ballons sales dept. offers visualisation of your new balloon free of charge. Please provide us with logo bases of your company or sponsor according to following instruction.
- If you have not talked to us already then now would be a good time to make contact so that we can make sure that you have identified all the correct components for a perfect balloon. With the balloon defined your national dealer will assist you in completing the contract form of a balloon.
If you are going to combine Kubicek envelope with bottom-end from another manufacturer, please specify the type and also dimensions A, B according to the drawing for small baskets, resp. for big ones. In case you are buying new basket Kubicek and want to combine it with different burner, please specify all other dimensions with the burner standing on your current basket, so that we can confirm immediately, if required combination is possible.
Note: if you don't like our standard colours and you really need your exact tone of a colour (e.g. colour of your company logo), please specify the hue in Pantone colour scale!
- Now it is time to talk about prices and delivery dates! The dealer who you are talking to will explain the sales agreement and give you a detailed quotation and visual. If you are happy to go ahead then you will be asked to sign the sales agreement and pay a deposit. If at this stage you decide not to go ahead then that is fine; you will never be pressurised to buy a balloon from us.
- We will keep you advised of the progress of your balloon as it is built for you and you will be welcome to visit the factory at any time.
- Every balloon is test flown before it leaves the factory. Soon after the test flight you will be sent photographs of your new flying machine and a delivery date will be agreed. Final payment will be due when the balloon is delivered to you not when it leaves the factory.
- With your new balloon safely in your hands the fun can start!